Annual Photo Contest
3RD ANNUAL PHOTO CONTEST – 2017
We had fantastic participation in 2016! AAI wants to continue to engage our members and Iowans in showing off what agribusinesses around Iowa contribute to this great state. Please complete the below form to submit your entry.
The Agribusiness Association of Iowa has opened a call for photographers to submit entries that describes their role in Ag. How they view agribusiness/agriculture and what it means for Iowa. All photos need to be taken in Iowa. The association would like to solicit images that best represents agribusiness in Iowa! The chosen image will run as the FY2016 Annual Report cover image and will be announced at the 2017 Agribusiness Showcase & Conference. Top
Photos will be chosen by the AAI Executive Committee. The “overall” winner’s image will be used as the cover image of the FY2017 Annual Report. Other chosen photos will be used on the association’s website, social media pages, in publications or brochures, the top in each category have the potential to be displayed at AAI Headquarters. Photos can be taken previous to the photo contest time frame.
We ask that all photo submissions not be extensively digitally manipulated or enhanced. Photos that have been overly digitally altered may not be chosen. Normal cropping, color correction, etc. are acceptable. We request 6 (six) megapixels or higher images in JPEG format. Top
Iowa’s Agribusinesses – This includes Co-ops and Grain Elevators, Retailers Locations, Technology firms, Wholesalers, Manufacturers, etc. Your operation, your team, your way.
Heartbeat of Ag – There are many way people can perceive ‘ag’. The economy depends on ag in a big way and includes so many different facets. Raising cattle, hogs, turkeys, egg laying hens, row crops, organic specialty crops, bees, or dairy. You are the heartbeat of Ag.
The Science That Supports Ag – Iowa has close to 2,000 crop advisers (CCA) at many different locations across the state. We would like to see how your crop adviser, agronomist, or other conservation professionals, help Iowa ag businesses thrive. Iowa is one of the nation’s leaders in conservation practices and professionals engaged in the science of ag, help us get there.
Youth Division – Open to children 19 years and under. This is a great opportunity for the youth growing up in Iowa ag to submit images and how they view their world. Top
The submission period of photos will be from June 1 through midnight on December 31, 2017. Announcements will be made in February 1, 2018. Top
The contest is open to Iowa and other US residence. Only Iowa locations will be considered for this contest. Photo submissions will be accepted via our online form OR photo entries should be sent in .jpg format to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “2017 Photo Contest Entry”. Entry form will be live June 1, 2017.
ALL entries must include
- A title and brief description of each photo
- When and Where the photo was taken
- Photographer’s full name and age
- Photography category
- Email Address
Alternatively: CDs containing photo files and accompanied by all of the required information above may be sent to:
Agribusiness Association of Iowa
900 Des Moines Street
Des Moines, IA 50309 Top
The association’s Executive Committee review photographs in each category and vote on their personal favorites. Their combined votes in the top three photos from each category will be reviewed and voted on by the AAI and AAI Services board members. Winners will be announced February 1, 2018 before the 2017 Annual Report is published.
The overall winner will be featured on the cover of the FY2017 Annual Report. Winners will be notified by email provided on the entry form. Other select winning photos will be utilized in marketing materials, etc. Please see below terms and conditions. Top
In submitting photos, the photographer gives the Agribusiness Association of Iowa permission to use their photos in any publications, social media, websites, displays and other places without payment or other consideration. Additionally, by submitting a photo that includes human subjects, the photographer is indicating that they have obtained full permission from those subjects for the photograph to be used in these manners as well.
- The submitted photos must be the photographer’s original work, and the photos must have been taken in Iowa.
- Photos do not need to be taken within the contest timeframe to be eligible to win.
- Submit photos that are 6 megapixels or higher. The more megapixels the better!
- All photos submitted for the contest must be in JPG format.
- A contest entry form must be filled out in its entirety by each person entering the contest.
- The photographer must select the category for his/her entry and indicate the category on the entry form.
- An image may be entered in only one category, but participants may enter all categories using different images.
- Participants may submit up to five entries per category.
- Photos with date stamps or photographer’s name on the photo will be disqualified.
- No nudity.
- All photos should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appears. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color, and contrast, etc.) may not be selected.
- AAI will at its sole discretion determine eligibility. AAI reserves the right to reject and disqualify any images that are considered inappropriate.
- Images submitted to the photo contest will be published on the AAI Facebook page to promote the contest
- Images submitted can be used by the association without notification or further compensation to the photographer
- A title and brief description of each photo is needed, please provide on the entry form. If submitting multiple images please provide descriptions for each.